Monday, October 03, 2005

Getting Your Figure On With Daz Studio



I have been a big fan of Poser over the years. I have used it to make countless walk cycles and I won't even mention the number of times I have posed a humanoid and exported the results to another 3D package.
Now I have a new dark master in the arena of figure posing to talk about, Daz|Studio. This package is a free, not quite as feature filled, Poser alternative. I played with the interface this last weekend and I have to tell you it seems quick and powerfull. Better yet, the people at DAZ 3D are offering their Michael and Victoria human models for free for a limited time. These can be used in DAZ|Studio to great effect.
I think it is so exciting that beginning 3D artists have access to these wonderful tools. Where were these toys when I was starting out? Anyway, check out these great tools and unleash the artist in yourself!

No comments: