Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tearful Prayers Answered


Anyone who knows me for more than 5 seconds (maybe 10) knows that I love a good first person shooter. I have met my new "dark master" as of last night. About 9 months ago I bought a little game known as Half-Life 2. I bought the "Gold Version" of the game because it came with a game called Day of Defeat Source. When I ran Steam (Valve's online delivery system) for the first time I discovered that Day of Defeat was not out yet. I wept (just a little though).

I thought "That's OK. I'll pick myself up, take myself out of my straight jacket and move on with life." Finally, after 9 months of waiting my tearful prayers have been answered. Day of Defeat Source has finally come out. You can see what I'm talking about at http://www.dayofdefeat.com.

I knew I was in heaven when I played my first game last night. I snuck underneath a guy who was sniping and tossed a grenade up into the window he was using. A few seconds later, WHOOSH out he came flying through the air like a ragdoll. I was in love.

Seriously though, I think this game was worth the wait. The system demands are a little high but if you have the UMPH you definitely want to check out this little gem.

No comments: