Friday, November 11, 2005

UltraVNC Single Click


I support a lot of family and friend's PCs. One of the things I hate most is to get a call at 8:00 at night for PC support. If it's an "emergency" I have to crawl out of my very comfortable house and help fix the problem on site. That is why I have enjoyed learning about UltraVNC Single Click.

With UltraVNC Single Click you wrap a executable with the VNC client, a logo (picture of who you are) and some information. Then you launch the UltraVNC client with the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe" -listen

Then you place the UltraVNC Single Click executable on a web page (or some other accessible place). Now when your relatives have computer problems they can surf to your web page, click on the executable, run it and then their PC establishes a connection to your viewer. As long as they can route to your machine you now have the ultimate support solution.

No comments: