Monday, November 07, 2005

DemoStudio By Suggestion

After my latest article on Wink (a program for creating demos) I was told by a a colleague and in the comments on the article to check out DemoStudio. I have to say I was really expecting to see something but I came away dissapointed. The suite (if you would dare call it that) is composed of 5 programs, none of which have any cohesive glue between them. I tried to annotate the screenshots I took of a app, nothing. I tried to annotate the AVI recordings I took of my app working, nothing. I'm sure I'm missing some of the features that make this app great but, yikes! Please make the apps usable. Combine all the seperate functions into a single program and make it intuitive. Even for a free app this was one of the biggest turds I have ever seen. Like I said, I'm sure I'm missing something and if I am I sincerely apologize for this scathing review.

No comments: