Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bored To Tears

Well, it has been a bit since my last post and I only have one thing to say, "I'm Bored!" The last four years of my life have been filled with one project after another. Guinterface kept me so busy that I don't think I had many quiet moments of self-contemplation. Now I am faced with a future with nothing but quiet contemplation.
I have been trying to stay busy, Punk IT comics and my new book have taken up quite a bit of time. After the book is finished (it's in final edit right now), I'm really going to have to find a new and challenging programming project to work on. I know that the project won't come from my day job ;-).
There has not been a request at work that has truly challenged me in three years. It is a really weird feeling when your boss asks you for something that he truly believes is complex and you deliver it the next day. It's as if while he spells out his request I already know how I'm going to do it. Between this and all of the things I have scripted I just don't know what could turn up the heat at the office.
I only have one piece of advice for all you lazy programmers out there (I mean lazy in a good way. As in why do something repetitively that a computer can do for you?). Don't script away all of your daily tasks or you will face termination or worse yet, boredom.

No comments: